CAN MANUFACTURING 101
Can Manufacturing 101 provide background on manufacturing processes used by Silgan Containers? Includes a discussion of why particular materials and technologies are used for various product applications.
1190 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
ONE TO TWO-DAY CLASS
Instruction time can vary from one to two days with a combined classroom and plant tour format.
2023 CLASS SCHEDULE
Please get in touch with our Training Coordinator to discuss available dates or email us at SilganU-CTS@silgancontainers.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone new to the canning industry that may benefit from understanding how the metal package is made via many diverse manufacturing technologies and why. This overview is especially valuable for personnel in Packaging Research & Development, Quality Control, Operations, Engineering, and Purchasing.
ABOUT THIS CLASS
- Can Manufacturing 101 provides background on manufacturing processes used by Silgan.
- Includes discussion of why particular materials and technologies are used for various product applications.
- The full course can be taught at the Silgan Technology Center, onsite at the customer facility, or virtual training.
- Course Prices: Oconomowoc-Full: $200/person. Customer Location, Modular: $200/person
- Introduction: About Silgan Containers
- The basics
- Metal materials for cans, ends and closures (steel and aluminum)
- Organic coating materials for cans, ends and closures
- Manufacturing methods for metal cans – 3 piece welded
- Manufacturing methods for metal cans – 2 piece Draw-Redraw
- Manufacturing methods for metal cans – 2 piece Drawn and Ironed
- Metal end options
- Product/package interaction
- Issues regarding exterior corrosion prevention for metal packaging