Silgan is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest
possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We seek to provide
a website experience that everyone, including persons with disabilities,
can utilize and enjoy equally. If you experience any difficulty in
accessing any part of this website, please feel free to call us at 888
655-8099, or contact us online or email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work
with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek
through an alternate communication method or one that is accessible to
you. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing as we implement relevant improvements to meet or exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG“) over time.
If you need assistance accessing something on our website, please call our
support line at 888 655-8099, or contact us online or email us at email@example.com.
OUR EFFORTS TO PROVIDE AN ACCESSIBLE WEBSITE
To provide accessibility, we have taken the following actions:
- We have adopted this web accessibility policy.
- We have initiated training on web accessibility.
Measures have been taken to ensure that you are able to:
- Resize text, adjust text spacing, and change fonts by adjusting browser settings (for example, this can be done in the appearance settings in your browser’s preferences).
- Have sufficient color contrast in all areas of the site. You can change colors by adjusting the browser settings. Typically, this can be done in the appearance settings, such as the browser’s font and color preferences. There are also plug-ins that work with certain browsers, such as Change Colors on Google Chrome.
- Use the content in your desired orientation, landscape, or portrait layouts.
- Listen and use the website with a screen reader (ex. NVDA, VoiceOver, JAWS).
- Utilize text-to-speech tools on the platform and with PDF content. There are many browser plug-in tools (such as Natural Reader for Chrome) that work on our website. Some technology has text-to-speech software built into the device’s accessibility settings.
- Access alternative text for images that are a part of the interface. Content contributed directly by us will display any supplied alternative text and descriptions of content.
- Understand link destinations without surrounding context.
Meaningful images that are part of the Silgan interface have a text
alternative. Some of the images are intended to create a specific
sensory experience in a way that words cannot fully capture. These
images are contributed by us and third parties, and the quality of the
text alternatives will vary, depending on the contributing source.
Images may have informational text alternatives which convey
descriptive information about the image. Some images may have
additional descriptive text (e.g., a “description” metadata field).
To make our digital offerings accessible, Silgan strives to conform with
the applicable WCAG v2.0 standards.
For more information about the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, visit
As part of our company policies, Silgan is committed to maintaining
accessibility. This includes conducting periodic web accessibility audits,
and undergoing periodic web accessibility testing.
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website
(internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web
APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Through our genuine and good faith commitment to accessibility, we believe
our website voluntarily meets the accessibility standards of Title III of
the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA“).
ACCESSIBILITY REQUESTS AND FEEDBACK
Silgan is committed to accessibility and we welcome your accessibility
requests and suggestions on how we can improve the accessibility of our
website and stores. You can
- contact us online
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us at 888 655-8099
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here
are helpful resources:
How to find and use a screen reader
. Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allow people to read and
interact with content in different ways. Many people who cannot perceive
what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content.
There are both free and paid options of screen readers available for
Windows and Mac computers, as well as for common browsers, including
Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox. Screen readers accept input in a
variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard.
How to use accessibility tools on mobile
. There are a lot of great features right on your smartphone. iOS and
Android alike provide many tools to help you access what you love.
VoiceOver for iOS and TalkBack for Android are the screen readers that come
built-in. To turn on VoiceOver, go to “Settings”, then “General”, to
“Accessibility”, and then turn “VoiceOver” on. You can set the
“Accessibility Shortcut” to “VoiceOver” from the “Accessibility” page in
order to triple-click the “Home” button to toggle VoiceOver on and off.
TalkBack has a similar feature.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Invert Colors”, “Color Filters”, and “Reduce White
Point” are other features and tools on iOS that you can use. These are also
available through the “Accessibility Shortcut”.