Canning 101 is an introductory course to the basics of canning, from receiving cans to labeling and shipping. The training material includes background on empty can/end handling, filling, seaming, thermal processing, water quality, labeling, casing, and finished goods handling.
1190 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
ONE-TWO DAY CLASS
Instruction time can vary based on the intended scope of the requested training. The full program encompasses approximately two days of instruction.
2023 CLASS SCHEDULE
Please contact our Training Coordinator to discuss available dates or email us at SilganU-CTS@silgancontainers.com
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Canning 101 is designed with the customer in mind. This class is geared towards quality, packaging, research and development, procurement, operations, and engineering.
ABOUT THIS CLASS
- This class is designed to be modular. Sections can be taught individually, depending on need (Can Handling or Thermal Processing).
- Class is to be an introduction to the basics of canning, from receiving cans to labeling and shipping.
- Training material includes background on empty can/end handling, filling, seaming, thermal processing, water quality, labeling, casing and finished goods handling.
- Full course can be taught at the Silgan Technology Center, on-site at customers' location, or virtual training.
- Handling and storage of empty cans and ends
- Filling and seaming
- Thermal processing and water quality
- Labeling, storage and distribution of filled product